Friday, September 30, 2011

Exploring political blogs (M.3)

While exploring through a couple of political blogs, I felt most drawn to the Huffington Post.  Out of the ones I saw, this blog seemed to incorporate a lot of different topics.  I felt it wasn't dry as in terms of content or how the page was set up.
The things I liked the most about the Huffington Post was the variety of topics it presents on its site.  It covers things from politics, entertainment, woman's issues, culture and healthy living.  I also tend to be a visual person, so I need things like news clips and pictures to help grab my attention.  I don't just like things that are just black and white and offer no graphics.  While looking at the Daily Kos and Politico, I was quite bored with those blogs and moved on to the next one.  With the articles that I read, I felt that they were fair and balanced.
The most interactive features I would say they have are the pictures, and the huge article title that catches your attention when you log into their site.  The thing that I don't like most about this page is all the advertisements that are on the right hand column.  I fiund it quite annoying with the amount of advertisements they had up. 
I feel that this site could appeal to audiences that aren't familiar with politics with the topics they cover.  Today, their main article was about creating jobs.  In today's economy, I think that will help bring people to politics.  People want more jobs and have the ability to get off unemployement... along with the ability to find a job fast to support themselves and their families without having to wait months on end to do so.  I think sites like these have the ability to inflience public opinion, because they're are keeping the public informed with topics that they care about.  When people have the ability to stay informed on a variety of topics, they're able to make smarter and more well rounded decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment