Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Module 1-about me

Hello...

Where to start?  My name is Leia, I'm a senior here at ASU.  I moved here to Phoenix from Chicago 13 years ago.  I'm not sure what I want to do when I graduate in May.  I haven't decided if I want to move, go to grad school, or attempt to find a job somewhat related to my degree (Interdisciplinary studies with concentrations in Leadership & Urban Studies).  My interests would be sports, music, volunteering, traveling, church, working out- to name a few.

Whether people want to admit it or not, I think that media affects how we all think and act.  I also think that media can be used as a social control.  Things that are constantly in the news from the wars in Iraq, to coverages of riots around the globe, to murders and rapists being plastered across our TV screens and the internet- it's no wonder that people scared to let their children to play outside and we hide behind locked doors and windows.  Things like censorship in China, or wiretapping our phone lines in the wake of 9/11. 

No comments:

Post a Comment