Friday, September 30, 2011

Why I'm interested in this course. (Module 2)


There are a couple of reasons that I'm interested in this class.  The first one is that it's a class that will count towards my degree.  Secondly, it sounds like a very interesting topic, something that is very revelent for us all today.  When my advisor told me about this class, I immediately jumped at it, because the topic really caught my eye. 
I'm interested in media, politics, and public affairs because media allows you to get up-to-date information at the drop of a hat.  Especially with the invention of internet and/or smartphones.  I'm more so into media and public affairs then I am with politics.  I'm interested because I like to know what's going on in the world around me.  With everything literally being at your fingertips, I don't have to sit for long periods of time to find something out.  I have several major newspaper apps loaded on my smartphone, and I have my phone set up to text me the top stories on sites like CNN or Fox News.
I feel that media has a huge influence on politics.  It helps to set the tone for political events like elections.  It allows for people to freely express their opinions about a candidate and it allows people like you and I to have the knowledge and understanding of what's going on.  This way we are able to make a wise decision of who should be elected into office.  Media outlets like our TV's also allows us to see political debates live, or DVR it so we can watch it later.  



No comments:

Post a Comment